In order to resume practice in the dojo while the risks associated with COVID-19 remain high, you agree to the following guidelines:
See Class Schedule to sign up for classes in advance. This will ensure a small class size so everyone has space to practice.
If you have a fever (temperature of 100F or higher), a cough, a sore throat, chills, unusual shortness of breath, unusual fatigue, loss of sense of smell or taste, unusual body aches, or any other symptom of illness, you may not attend practice. By entering the dojo and/or practicing, you are verifying that you do not have any symptoms of contagious illness.
- According to CDC guidelines, maintain a physical distance of approximately 6 feet from other members on and off the mat.
- Come and go through the front doors, leaving shoes at the entrance.
- Your temperature will be taken on entering the dojo, and you may not practice if you have a fever.
- Arrive in your dogi.
- Wear zori or slippers in the dojo when not on the mat.
- Wear a mask.
- Bring your own water bottle, no cups will be available.
- Sanitize your hands before practice, after using the rest room, and as frequently as you need/want during practice.
- Doors remain open and the fans on during class to improve air flow.
- Train within demarcated spaces to limit close contact.
- Everyone helps clean after practice. See Cleaning the Dojo.
- Clean your dogi after each class, and leave nothing at the dojo.
Cleaning the Dojo
After each class, the following additions to our standard cleaning protocol will be followed.
- Ensure that the mats are cleaned with thymol cleaning solution. Let’s be a bit more thorough and ‘put some elbow grease into it.’
- Wipe down any weapons used with disinfectant cleaner
- Wipe down all surfaces with disinfectant cleaner.
In order to minimize possibility of transmission
- If you suspect exposure to COVID-19, stay home and monitor yourself for symptoms for fourteen days before returning to the dojo.
- Stay home while awaiting results of a COVID-19 test.
- If you have been diagnosed with COVID-19, please stay home until your medical care provider says you are no longer contagious.
- If you suspect exposure or contract COVID-19, you are required to let the dojo know for tracking purposes. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.